Holiday shopping guide: 10 tips to avoid mistakes
Shopping on holiday: how to enjoy it to the fullest
Forte Village Resort is the ideal location for a luxury shopping getaway.
Shopping on holiday: while some tourists view it as a mere act of purchasing souvenirs or gifts, for others it becomes a crucial aspect of their trip, providing numerous benefits that enhance the overall holiday experience.
One of the prime benefits of shopping on vacation is that it offers a unique chance to connect with the local culture. By exploring markets, boutiques, and shopping centres, travellers can discover the distinctive crafts, fashion, and typical objects that represent the history and traditions of the visited location.
Purchasing a souvenir or a unique item can serve as a tangible way to preserve memories of joyful moments spent in visited destinations, exciting experiences, and intriguing people encountered.
Furthermore, shopping at local stores, markets, and fairs not only contributes to the community’s economy but also provides a chance to socialise. These places serve as meeting spots where you can exchange purchasing tips, explore the latest trends, and share travel experiences.
Picking out gifts or treating yourself to something special can be a delightful and therapeutic way to unwind and savour the holiday season.
The Travel Industry Trends 2023 report supports this notion, stating that in March 2023, spending on physical items in Italy went up by 12% in comparison to the same time period in 2019.
10 tips to better enjoy shopping on holiday
Hera are ten tips that’ll make your holiday shopping experience more enjoyable and fulfilling.
- Establish a budget: before beginning to shop, it is essential to set a specific budget to avoid overspending and to ensure that you can also indulge in other experiences;
- Research the area before leaving: get to know the destination and shopping options beforehand, it could be useful to find the right markets, boutiques, and traditional objects to buy;
- Discover the local markets: local markets are “a gold mine” where you can find unique and authentic products, handicrafts and traditional foods;
- Choose souvenirs that are meaningful and representative of your travel experience avoiding the low-quality or “trivial” objects that can be found everywhere;
- Beware of copies: In certain tourist destinations, there may be vendors selling fake products that are passed off as authentic. It is important to confirm the legitimacy of these items, particularly if they are well-known brands;
- Consider baggage restrictions: It’s essential to verify the baggage weight and size limitations of the selected airline prior to making significant purchases. This will ensure that you don’t encounter any unpleasant surprises during check-in;
- Try on clothes and footwear and don’t rely just on the declared size, as measurements can vary from one country to another;
- Evaluate the usefulness of the purchase: consider if the item you are buying will have a practical purpose and if you have adequate space to transport it;
- Pay securely by preferring your credit card and avoiding carrying large sums of cash;
- Ask locals for advice: When searching for the best shopping places, it can be helpful to ask local residents. They are the ones who have the most knowledge about “hidden gems” and authentic shops.
Forte Village Resort, the top for luxury shopping in Sardinia
In the magnificent setting of Santa Margherita di Pula, between the crystal clear sea of Sardinia, a verdant natural park of 50 hectares and the white beach, Forte Village, an award-winning international resort in continuous renewal, is the perfect destination for those who want to enjoy an unforgettable holiday of wellness, the magic of sport, starred restaurants and luxury shopping.
Guests will discover a vast array of high-end boutiques offering designer clothing from renowned Italian and international brands, local handicrafts, exquisite jewellery, accessories featuring a rich goldsmith heritage, gorgeous fabrics, intricate embroidery, sophisticated carpets, and refined ceramics.
But that’s not all: in May 2023, The proposal was made even better with the launch of the temporary 10 Corso Como store, which features a range of accessories and bags, the 10 Corso Como logo collection, a home design collection, and a line of beachwear. Cult products in small exclusive editions of co-branding, a series of cult items that have become “long-sellers”.
Founded in Milan in 1991, 10 Corso Como has created and spread the concept of cohesion between culture and trend, promoting the link between the world of fashion, design and food. Recognised as the first “concept store”, it transformed the concept of retail into a fusion between lifestyle and fashion.
In addition to that, Saint Barth, the Italian brand specializing in holiday-wear, has recently opened a store at Forte Village. The store features the latest collections and highlights of its offerings.
In 2003, Max Ferrari and Raffaele Noris had a vision to infuse the vibrant and carefree essence of St. Barth’s into people’s daily lives through their colourful, innovative and iconic project. In just a few years, this project has become a top brand in Europe’s beachwear and resort market,
Would you like to enjoy a unique shopping experience in an authentic paradise? Discover Forte Village Resort in Sardinia